Saturday 26 September 2009

ROYAL BALLET GALA TOMORROW EVENING


Mara Galeazzi
Photo : Viacheslav Samodurov

Here are the very latest details for tomorrow nights show. As I type this, there are a few tickets left so if you are keen to see the dancers of The Royal Ballet performing World Premieres in a unique setting, please do book quickly ! Unusually for a Gala night, the tickets are extremely good value - just £28, all of which goes to charity.

The number to call is : 0207 837 3172

Song Without Words - Vanessa Fenton / Mendelssohn
Leticia Stock, Xander Parish, Sergei Polunin

Coincide and Collide (2009)- Samantha Raine / Guy Wood
Leanne Cope, Tristan Dyer
St. Paul’s School String Quartet

New Pas de Deux (world premiere)- Liam Scarlett / Chopin
Emma-Jane Maguire, Ryoichi Hirano

INTERVAL

Concerto – Pas de Deux - MacMillan / Shostakovich
Mara Galeazzi, Gary Avis

Dream Study (world premiere) - Erico Montes / Moscheles
Romany Pajdak, Celisa Diuana, Claire Calvert

The Two Pigeons – final Pas de Deux - Ashton / Messager
Leanne Cope, Paul Kay


Watercolour by Sarah

There will also be some musical interludes which I have not included here.

The Gala will be held at The Britten Theatre, Royal College of Music, Prince Consort Road, London SW7 2BS, at 7.30pm tomorrow evening - September 27th 2009.

All money raised will help tackle extreme poverty in the Ashanti Region of Ghana, and bring clean water to Ashanti villages.

Additionally, the charity are always looking out for volunteer teachers, so even if you are not based in the UK, you can always help ! Please get in touch if this is of interest to you.

17 comments:

  1. Wow sensational imagery, really enjoyed your post what a treat! Sharon xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a beautiful photograph of Mara! If only this was in Canada, I would have definately bought a ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to go to something like this! Wish I were closer. ; )
    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such an unique and lovely blog. Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I was in London so I could attend the performance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This will be wonderful! I am sure!

    Greet

    ReplyDelete
  7. My passport to Style - thank you !

    Nancy - that's a shame but thank you

    Michele's treasures - thank you, that's a shame !

    Julie - many thanks

    Couture Cookie - ah well, these things happen !

    Greet - indeed - are you going ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is just beautiful... and the image of Mara is absolutely breathtaking! I'm in complete awe. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Bella - you can see Mara for yourself if you are in town tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Elise
    just to let you know I've just listed the Ballet themed fabric bookmark set in my folksy shop
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so wish I could be there...what a magical evening it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, the price really is fantastic, I would pay so much more here in Germany for tickets to the ballet! I have to admit I am not THAT far away from the UK, it is do-able :-) . How I would love to be there. Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. She looks weightless , like she's swimming in a pool !............. love the water color painting, so pretty :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful blog! thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like such a lovely event! If I didn't live all the way across the ocean, it would be something I'd love to attend. Have a wonderful time! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Josie - thank you

    Catherine - It was ! Hope you enjoyed the review

    Just Breathe - merci beaucoup

    The Pink Birdhouse - what a shame, hope you enjoyed my review

    Bohemianwhimsey - thank you

    darlene fortier - thankyou

    Hollyrocks - that's a real shame but I hope you enjoyed the review

    ReplyDelete

If you've got this far and would like to leave a comment, well, YES YOU CAN.

I'd be delighted to hear from you & will respond when I can (I'm not glued to my computer so please be patient).

Please don't post spam, and constructive critique is the way to go if you want to post a comment which is anything less than nice ! Thanks.