Wednesday 12 August 2009

Elise @ The Royal Ballet - Award winning website

I was recently given a stylish award from the lovely trishiekoh, for which I'm very thankful.



I would like to pass on this award to Sarah, a wonderfully intuitive & expressive artist at The Secret Gallery, who has drawn and painted the most wonderful dancers. Sarah is the artist behind the commissioned drawings which I use in my "From Student to Star" interview series.

Sarah's latest series of paintings (of pointe shoes), are remarkable, particularly the red pointe shoe painting, which captures movement & light, softly folding in the colour and demonstrating the dancer's perfect lines.

I look forward to being able to bring much more of Sarah's work to you in the near future.

8 comments:

  1. The artwork looks lovely....a propos of which, have you seen the work of Fletcher Sibthorpe? Mainly flamenco but some ballet....atmospheric...I commend him to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, Elise,
    thank you so much for your nice comment! ) this is a very surprising for me :)

    you are also have a very interesting blog here. i love ballet too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Elise! How kind of you. I shall post my award on my blog right now! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made interesting reading! I really admire the ballerinas , but not really gone deep into the subject.Thank you for enlightening !

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much for the comments! i added you to my list of blogs! follow mine! i love dance and your site is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you so much for the comment! i added you to my list of blogs... could you follow mine, too? I love dance so I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!!!Thanks for dropping by my blog....nice award u got there...and very interesting blog u got....:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brian - I have had a look - they are great works !

    Helga - good to hear - welcome !

    Sarah - you are welcome; good that your wonderful drawings are being appreciated !

    aynzan - welcome and I hope you stick around and learn more along the way about ballet

    Leah - thank you for your lovely comment and for adding me to your blog list - welcome !

    addin 22 - welcome and thank you

    James - thank you for your comment & welcome !

    ReplyDelete

If you've got this far and would like to leave a comment, well, YES YOU CAN.

I'd be delighted to hear from you & will respond when I can (I'm not glued to my computer so please be patient).

Please don't post spam, and constructive critique is the way to go if you want to post a comment which is anything less than nice ! Thanks.