Thursday 13 August 2009

MEET THE STARS


Meet The Stars Who Wear Grishko at Dancia International London


Daria Klimentová
Senior Principal Dancer
English National Ballet

On Saturday 12th September, you have a chance to meet English National Ballet Senior Principal Daria Klimentová, First Soloist Fabian Reimair and Soloist Désirée Ballantyne in London. Other special guests will be at this ‘Meet The Stars’ event which is presented by Dancia London and ballet wear makers Grishko.


Fabian Reimair
First Soloist
English National Ballet

The ballet stars will sign autographs for you at Dancia’s flagship Covent Garden shop from 3.30pm.

Klimentová has worn Grishko pointe shoes for fifteen years; “They are made especially for my feet, so I don’t have to do much, except sew the ribbons, the edges of the actual pointe shoe, and later on I use shellac to make them even harder- but they last forever.”

(excerpt from interview with Daria Klimentová by kind permission of Elise @ The Royal Ballet)

Dancia London, which is the capital’s premier Grishko pointe shoe stockist, is offering 15% off Grishko products all day and customers spending £50 or more will also get an exclusive free gift.


Désirée Ballantyne
Soloist
English National Ballet

Dancia Director Beverly Kirkup says: “We are incredibly proud to give Dancia London customers a rare opportunity to meet and be inspired by some of the world’s greatest ballet stars this September.”

Dancia London is located at 168 Drury Lane, Covent Garden, London WC2B 5QA. Tel: 020 7831 9483. For more information, visit.

14 comments:

  1. Must pop that one into my diary.
    Have had a few problems with blogger in past few days. so sorry for the delay in getting back to you. My email is aglimpseoflondon@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderfull blog about dancing I learn so much about the ballet from you . It is very educational as well as entertaining . thanks again .

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fabulous and interesting blog you have! i am sooooooo enjoying reading the interviews and features you have posted! the ballet artists certainly *WORK* for a living, don't they...and yet make it look perfectly effortless! (i shall remember this the next time i want to have a moan about *my* job...at least i get to wear comfortable SHOES!!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elise,

    I'm so glad you commented on my blog, as now I've found yours and love it - I'm a huge ballet fan.

    Thank you for leaving such a lovely comment and I'm glad you enjoy my blog!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what I was expecting when I visited your blog after reading you comment on mine!

    WHAT A JOY! This is amazing stuff! I LOVE IT!

    I've loved Ballet since I was a little girl and wore my very first Tutu. Although it proved not to be for me I've long carried a deep loved for the Art.

    You've captured the passion my friend. Thank you so much for sharing!

    Blessings...
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping over. I love to hear when someone enjoys my posts, but to be complimented on my writing by a journalist of all people. This is quite special. I really like your blog as well. I come from a family of ballroom dancing, music, art, and antiques so reading a ballet blog is kind of comforting. Can't say I've even stumbled across one of these yet. Look fwd to your future posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Elise. Thanks for visiting my blog. Glad you liked it. Your blog is really interesting and though I m not into Ballet that much I like it :) Nic eblog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I've always wanted to be able to dance ballet! Lovely blog :) Thank you for the super sweet comment on my blog xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the sweet compliment on my blog! Love your also- I'm now a follower-

    Kelly
    http://kellyannstudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, thank you ever so much for your lovely comment it really made me smile ever so much ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! Your blog is beautiful! I used to dance when I was a child and I am still fascinated by it and certainly miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Elise! Just popping in to say hi...hope you're having a great week!!

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for your sweet kind words! I enjoyed visiting you too, there is something about a ballet dancer that I do so enjoy looking at, I think its gracefulness and beauty!
    I do so hope you pop by again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you for dropping by my blog too! Yours is the first dance blog I've ever read, thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete

If you've got this far and would like to leave a comment, well, YES YOU CAN.

I'd be delighted to hear from you & will respond when I can (I'm not glued to my computer so please be patient).

Please don't post spam, and constructive critique is the way to go if you want to post a comment which is anything less than nice ! Thanks.