Monday 12 July 2010

BIRMINGHAM ROYAL BALLET ANNOUNCEMENTS JUNE 2010

Mathias Dingman


MEDIA RELEASE: 12 July 2010

BIRMINGHAM ROYAL BALLET ANNOUNCEMENTS JUNE 2010

At the end of the 2009/2010 Season, Birmingham Royal Ballet is able to announce the following:

Momoko Hirata

Promotions:

Momoko Hirata is promoted from Soloist to First Soloist.
Steven Monteith is promoted from First Artist to Soloist.
Mathias Dingman is promoted from Artist to First Artist.

The following dancers will join the Company:

William Bracewell will join as Artist from the Royal Ballet School.
Machi Moritaka will join as Artist from the Royal Ballet School.
Lewis Turner will join as Artist from Elmhurst School for Dance. Lewis was awarded a Prix de Lausanne scholarship in January 2010 and has chosen to take up his year-long apprenticeship prize with Birmingham Royal Ballet.  Lewis also won the Contemporary Dance prize at the prestigious competition held in Switzerland earlier in the year.

During the 2009/2010 season the following dancers left BRB:
Christopher Larsen returned to his native Canada to purse other career opportunities.
Kosuke Yamamoto returned to his native Japan to guest with other companies.
James Grundy leaves Birmingham Royal Ballet to pursue a teaching career in dance.
 
Steven Monteith



5 comments:

  1. I can't WAIT to get to Kiev and start taking classes again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elise,
    I am Cindy from Whimsical Musings....I held "Surprise Day" today and I made something special for you...I hope you'll come over and take a look.

    Also, if you could email me your address, I will send it right out to you. My email is on my blog.

    http://cindyadkinswhimsicalmusings.blogspot.com
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting news. Particularly glad about promotion of Steven Monteith - was most impressed with his dancing in King's Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. C'est La Vie - hope you'll let us know how you are doing !

    Cindy Adkins - hello - I will whizz over as soon as I get the chance - thank you

    Cloudia - hello !

    Anne - good to hear !

    ReplyDelete

If you've got this far and would like to leave a comment, well, YES YOU CAN.

I'd be delighted to hear from you & will respond when I can (I'm not glued to my computer so please be patient).

Please don't post spam, and constructive critique is the way to go if you want to post a comment which is anything less than nice ! Thanks.