Tuesday 15 June 2010

BALLET NEWS UPDATE





Photograph :  Sian Trenberth

Congratulations to English National Ballet's former Principal dancers Agnes Oaks and Thomas Edur on being honoured in the Queen's Birthday list. They both receive CBE's for services to the Arts and to UK/Estonian cultural relations.

Since retiring from English National Ballet, Tom and Ag have moved back to Estonia, where Tom is Artistic Director of the Estonian National Ballet.

In January this year, Ag gave birth to a daughter, Elizabeth.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the couple on their honour and on the birth of their child. In 1991, in the week of the failed coup against Gorbachov, I was visiting the USSR & Baltic States. I attended a performance of the Estonian National Ballet, which I much enjoyed. A ticket cost around 7 PENCE then - I imagine it costs quite a lot more now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all these girls are so talented and beautiful and they are so lovely to watch dance just absoloutly wonderful thanks for keeping us updated on the ballet .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne - thank you

    phonelady - great to hear from you !

    ReplyDelete

If you've got this far and would like to leave a comment, well, YES YOU CAN.

I'd be delighted to hear from you & will respond when I can (I'm not glued to my computer so please be patient).

Please don't post spam, and constructive critique is the way to go if you want to post a comment which is anything less than nice ! Thanks.